Closed
-
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
-
Hello, My Compaq Presario CQ57 will not connect to the network. The wireless light on the F12 key is orange instead of blue. I cannot manually connect to a network and the device manager says that the network receiver could not start and gives me an error code (Code 10) How can I fix this?

6 replies

It stays orange whether I hold it or press it. I also cannot connect by plugging directly into the ethernet cable either. Help please.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Wednesday November 25, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 5, 2016
You need to download the driver from your internet and then install it on your computer.
once you will isntall it but it is still not working then you need to put your computer in sleep mode and wake up it. then check is it working or not.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
@Elisamodern,

Why you need to put your computer in sleep mode? Did you mean for Restarting?
Okay, I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted, but it wants to install the drivers from a disk now. Since it is an internal device, I don't have a disk. It says I can download the drivers from the company's website, but I'd need my other computer to do this. Can I do it with a flash drive? Any other suggestions?

If you press the orange light, what happens?

How long have you had the machine? Did it ever work?
I bought it two or three years ago on Black Friday. Other forums say that the ones sold on Black Friday were defective and the OS would crash and the network would malfunction. None of the solutions work though. It did work until right before the OS crashed. It won't work now.
Blocked Profile
it sounds like your driver has crashed. Do this, go into the device manager and remove the driver, then reboot. When it reboots, it will load in the default Microsoft driver.