No audio output device is installed

Solved/Closed
Joti - Apr 10, 2009 at 02:31 PM
 nube - Jan 11, 2013 at 09:22 PM
Hello,
no audio output device is installed. Ive pretty much tried everything: driver cd, system restore, device manager, uninstall and reinstall all versions of realtek audio driver.

So my question is can I just get a new sound card, do you think that will solve my problem??? if yes what do you recommend, and how do I do it. Im runnig a dell with windows vista (crap).

Thanks in advance for your answers.

5 responses

I just did by clicking inside the sounds menu, where there used to be speakers and now saying no sound system detected, right click in that box, and it will tell you to enable the sound system on your pc or laptop. once enabled then its good to go. Do not install any other drivers cos just a waste of time and money.
Send me an email if you need more assistance
I have tried everything but I still can't get my sound back. Even when I click-control panel, systems, sounds, I don't get the sounds, games, video selection. Please help.
smily > nustyles315
Dec 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM
my computer speakers dont work it says no audio output device is installed
no audio output device is installed
no audio output device is installed
Thank you Takoi! It did not go quite as straightforward as you said for me, but got me onto the right road by using the menu you suggested after installing heaps of things I did not need and did not work and in fact caused other problems as you suggest. All I did was to buy new speakers (a leading brand, but 'not recognised' by Microbloodysoft, who led me a merry dance and I've now clogged up my computer with rubbish and adversely affected my screen display with their useless 'updates' out of desperation to get my new speakers to work) as mine were on the blink. I had to pretend I was re-enabling my port of choice (the same old one in the end, actually - after trying all the others, and getting nowhere until I found your advice) to re-enable my old speakers using Realtek. Anyway, I don't care if my computer thinks it's re-connecting with my old ones as my new ones are now working after 24hours of frustration - hoorah and thank goodness for that and your advice. You are very kind. I hope my sob story is of use to someone. Thank you again, Takoi.
I did a simple system restore to a point I was sure that I still had the sound... and it worked.
ffs, I restarted my computer and it worked
and the dell people were trying to charge me $60
harry.ky Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2009
Apr 10, 2009 at 02:40 PM
first try to download new driver software for ur dell pc according to the system model. try it again.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I have a temporary solution.

NOTHING else has worked for me.

Try:

#1: Restarting your laptop numerous times with the BATTERY OUT until the sound appears (at the windows music screen).

OR

#2: Restarting your laptop numerous times ONLY WITH THE BATTERY (NO POWER CORD) until sound appears.