Windows is unable compete the formatte

Closed
Manzurul Alam Liton - Dec 15, 2015 at 09:08 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Dec 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM
USB disk is write protected problem.
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Dec 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Hey there, Manzurul.

Unfortunately this is somewhat of a common issue for failing USB flash drives and memory cards. However, there are still a few thing you could try before you give up.
First I'd recommend that you try to format it by using a different computer/device, to see if the same thing happens. If that doesn't help, you could try removing the write protection by following this tutorial: https://ccm.net/faq/4214-how-to-disable-write-protection-on-a-usb-key
If that doesn't prove useful as well, I'd suggest that you download one of the format tools/utilities, which some manufacturers offer for their pen drives and memory cards and try to format your flash drive with it.
If none of the above works for you, I'd advise you to contact the reseller you bought the flash drive from and try to RMA it (if it's still under warranty).

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative