- My Laptop shuts down automatically
- Laptop shuts down automatically after a few minutes ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Laptop shuts down automatically with a click sound ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Laptop shuts down automatically when battery is at 50 - Forum - Hardware
- Laptop shutting down automatically and restarting ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- My computer shut down automatically ✓ - Forum - Windows
I've narrowed down many auto shutoffs and most boots with no HDD activity to fractured solder joints between motherboard & GPU. Since video is tested early in POST, testing stops when GPU fails. As most GPUs are soldered to the MOB in laptops, reflowing the solder by heating up the motherboard to approx 450 F is the only repair alternative. I recommend searchhing EBay for sellers who reflow, either as a service or a MOB tradein. I also replace the thermal foam pad between heatsink and GPU with a 'copper shim'. Good luck.