My acer travelmate P256 - M won't start up

Closed
minyoongi Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2015 - Dec 26, 2015 at 05:59 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Dec 26, 2015 at 02:29 PM
last night my laptop was open on itunes playing music and then it stopped playing and the screen went black

i plugged the charger in and the red charging light came on but when i pressed the power up button the blue light came on for a few seconds before going and the screen was unresponsive and stayed black and the fan didnt start up or anything

i googled for a solution and it said to take the battery out for 10 minutes, unplug the charger and press the power button for 30 seconds which i did but there was still no response

today the charged light is blue and ive tried taking the battery out again but there's still no response

the laptop is under a warranty but seeing as i dont know whats wrong with it i dont know if it would be covered

any help is majorly appreciated, i really can't afford to replace or even fix my laptop right now
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Dec 26, 2015 at 02:29 PM
Hi Minyoongi,

As this machine is under warranty I would take it back for repair. There is nothing apart from physical damage that you can do to stop the machine from at least showing you something - even if it cant fully boot for some reason, unless you have used the wrong power supply (I am counting dunking it in the bath as physical damage). If you have spilled anything on it check the warranty for exclusions such as this.

Good luck with it. Please let us know how you get on.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues   :o)