Unable to Format sd card and It closes automatically

Closed
farishi Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2016 - Jan 20, 2016 at 10:57 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 25, 2016 at 07:20 AM
hello,

i dont know whats wrong with my memory card.when i try to format it, it shows me a pop up "windows unable to format".and when i try to open the memory card, pc rejected after 10 seconds or closes automatically .plz whats d solution for this? i have stored important data in it
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM
Hello farishi,

Please, try the following commands and let me know if they worked for you:
1. Open command prompt console on your PC
2. Type the following:
attrib -s -h -r X: /*.* / s / d Then hit "Enter" and wait about 30 seconds
Be careful! Respect the spaces between words and script. Change the letter X with that has been assigned to the USB device on your PC (that you can see it in My Computer. It can be anything, depends on each computer.)
3. Finally, browse the flash drive and delete the "RECYCLER" folder and if there is another one called "Autorun" you have to delete that too.

Good luck.
farishi Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2016
Jan 23, 2016 at 12:21 AM
thanks KY-WD, its showing me " Parameter format not correct". i hav copied from here and pasted it there
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > farishi Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2016
Jan 25, 2016 at 07:20 AM
Hello again,

I'm sorry that didn't work for you.
Please, check if you have full control over the folders so that you can change the attributes.
Right-click the folder and select Properties.
Click on the Security tab.
Click Advanced in the lower right.
In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
Click Edit.
Click Other users or groups.
Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
Click Find Now.
Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow, or as much control as you need.
You’ll get a security warning, click Yes.

Cheers.