Unable to Install windows XP over windows 7

Closed
evanjamesact Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2016 - Jan 22, 2016 at 08:05 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 22, 2016 at 06:32 PM
Having read the threads on this question, whilst I've found it gets me further, I still face shutdown of system.
I have two hard drives, 1 windows 7, one which has now been partitioned and formatted by windows xp installation disc. I have set my bios to IDE (ATA was not a choice), disabled the windows 7 HD, but still find when the xp files are loaded and it reboots to the installation countdown screen, it immediately shuts down.
I am happy to physically disconnect the other hard drive and have removed all external devices, including internet. The bios runs through the motherboard EUFI so any changes are made by me that way.
I would like to fix this as I was going to resort to buying a barebones system to put xp on, but if it is the actual modern system, such as chip, motherboard etc that is causing the system to shutdown during installation, it would appear to be a waste of time.

Any ideas as to how I might fix this issue would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 22, 2016 at 06:32 PM
Please do not waste your time building an XP machine. UNless you have a complete build which included SP3, your efforts will be wasted and worth nothing. There isn't a webserver on the planet that will allow a non-sp3 machine to connect to it for GAPING HOLES IN SECURITY!

Remove all of the RAm and boot it, what does it do?