Black screen white cursor.

Closed
Joe - Jan 24, 2016 at 11:27 PM
 Joe - Jan 25, 2016 at 01:48 PM
Hello,

I just had to re place the logic board in a l505d-gs6000 laptop. Because the old one would not respond, and the screen was all black. With the new board, the machine start but right after it POST is stop and has a solid with a cursor and no other activity. I have checked bios and every thing is the way it should be. However the machine will not boot. I have tried booting to cd, USB and hdd. Once I go into the boot selection menu and choose an option the machine just stalls out and nothing happens. Can anything be done?

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 25, 2016 at 03:51 AM
Hi Joe,

So basically, right now you are not able to boot even from an installation drive? I recommend you to restore BIOS to its defaults, and, if possible, reset the CMOS. When you are at the black screen with cursor screen, is it possible to press Ctrl Alt Delete and open the Task Manager? If it is possible, search for the explorer.exe process and end it. From File -> New Task open a new process, typing explorer.exe in the line.

Hope this helps

Correct I am not able to boot, when I press Ctrl alt delete the machine just reboots. SO i am unable to open the task manager. I will try to reset bios a little later. I forgot to mention the indicator lights on the front show show 3 lights, the one for the HDD and battery are not on. However the HDD is seen in bios.