Datatraveler how to get it back to 32gb

Closed
mike - Feb 5, 2016 at 06:48 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 9, 2016 at 09:27 AM
Hello,
i have a datatraveler 112 32gb i have used in in the past with no problems,i removed all data and download a os for a chromebook ,when i tried to download to chromebook it would not let me , so removed and installed on my working computer and it said i had to format it ,which i have never seen this before on this usb,so i did ,and hit default settings and it went to showing 13.9 mb of storage ,do not know what happened does anyone know how to get it back to 32gb.

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 9, 2016 at 09:27 AM
Hello mike,

First of all I would like to ask you what type of software have you used to format the pendrive? If you have used a thirdparty software, I would suggest you to use the DISKPART option in the Command prompt menu.
1. Type DISKPART from the Command Prompt (accessible by clicking on Start and then typing "cmd" into the open field); you will then see the following prompt: DISKPART>
2. Type LIST DISK to see what number your USB drive is listed as.
3. Type SELECT DISK # / put the number that your USB device has - if your USB is disk 2 or 3, for example, replace # with your disk number/ Diskpart will confirm that "Disk 2 or 3 is now the select disk."
4. Type "CLEAN" and press enter.
5. Type "EXIT" to leave Diskpart. You would be able now to format your USB drive by using the standard Windows formatting process.

Let me know if that helped. Good luck.