USB Device Write Protected

Closed
imuhammadazeem - Feb 15, 2016 at 10:05 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 16, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Hello,
I was trying to make a bootable USB but eventually ended up with an error 'The disk is Write Protected'. After that, USB could not be formatted; no file can be copied or deleted. I don't want any data, I just want my USB back to life.

Before giving any answers just have a look at what I have already done.

> I have a already tried the 'regedit' stuff changing the damn value to '0'. I followed complete instructions but it didn't work.

> I have tried disk security settings; Right-Click>Properties of USB

> I have tried a couple of softwares i.e. USBWP and Utility LFormat 2.0

> I have tried 'DISKPART' thing.

I have tired all these things more than a couple of times. Nothing worked. Please come up with solutions other than this.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 16, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Hi imuhammadazeem,

It seems to me you have done everything right. Have you tried doing the Diskpart unlocking in Sage Mode or using another PC? Try that. Please verify if the pendrive has some physical locking button. Usually they are really small and can be missed but if switched on, you wouldn’t be able to use the device.
Sadly, it is also possible that the pendrive is not working properly. When you open Disk Management, can you confirm that the drive appears with correct file format?

Hope this helps