Pendrive not detect

Closed
Vineet - Mar 9, 2016 at 06:13 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Mar 11, 2016 at 05:53 AM
My hp laptop is not detect any pendrive please help me

2 responses

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Mar 9, 2016 at 08:45 AM
Hey there, Vineet.

Do you have data on that USB flash drive, which you wish to recover? Did you check if it's recognized in Disk Management or Device Manager as well?

You should try it with a different device/computer, to see if the same thing happens. Also, if you don't want to recover any data and if you can see it via one of the following options, you could try reformatting it - either via Disk Management, DISKPART, or the pen drive manufacturer's format tool, to see if it is detected afterwards.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD
My problem not solved my laptop not detect any pendrive WiFi webcamera lan please help me and any one driver not help to detect the pendrive
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > Vineet
Mar 11, 2016 at 05:53 AM
If you have so much problem with the laptop detection other devices, you should definitely check if your drivers are up to date (unless it turns out to be a faulty USB port as jollym124 suggested). You should be able to find the drivers for your laptop model on its manufacturer's website.
jollym124 Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday January 21, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2017 28
Mar 11, 2016 at 04:50 AM
does the pen drive work fine with other system/laptop. If yes then your laptop may have a faulty port. If the pen drive does not work then try this
Make sure that the drive has a drive letter assigned in Disk Management.
Open Computer Management by right clicking on Computer and clicking Manage.
Click on Disk Management. Give it a moment to open the view of the drives installed.
Look for a drive that does not have an assigned drive letter and is not labeled as System Reserved.Note: System reserved drives are reserved by Windows and will not allow you to assign a letter.
Right-click the unlabeled drive and click Change drive letter and paths…
Click Add and then click OK to select the first available drive letter.
If the Change drive letter and paths… option is not available, make sure that the drive is Online.
If the drive is Offline, right click the disk number and click Online.