USB and SD write protected

Closed
Orlando - Mar 23, 2016 at 12:26 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Mar 24, 2016 at 04:54 AM
Hello,
My USB and SD card are both write protected and I can no longer see my USB on any computer I put it in... I followed the steps to remove the write protection but still I can't see my Flash Drive..
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Mar 24, 2016 at 04:54 AM
Hi Orlando,

Could you please check if the drives appear in Disk Management? Do they have proper file formats and drive letters? I strongly recommend you to check the devices on another PC. In most of the cases, when write protection is enabled, the device can be seen but cannot be accessed and used normally. Not being able to detect the device may indicate another problem. Have you checked the devices in all the USB ports? Are you using an adaptor to connect the SD card? Check if the USB drive has some physical locking button. Can you confirm that other USB devices work fine on your PC?

Hope this helps