My laptop blackscreen

Closed
amyc1200 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 3, 2016 - Apr 3, 2016 at 02:48 PM
 amyc1200 - Apr 5, 2016 at 08:21 PM
Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. The issue I have is with my Gateway NV50A laptop. It powers on, but has a black screen. I knew the battery was dead for awhile, but couldn't afford to replace it yet. I left it plugged up the other night in the surge protector. We had a storm the other night and it temporarily knocked the power off twice that night in our house. the wireless mouse and usb hub I had plugged into it are both still working fine so I don't think the laptop got damaged by the storm, but not sure can anyone help? Right before this happened the laptop had a message saying "This computer has the same IP address as another computer on your network contact your administrator of your internet to correct this issue." I don't know if that is what caused the problem.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 3, 2016 at 04:44 PM
Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug and start.

Good luck
Thank you for trying to help, but your suggestion didn't work.