-
Registration date
Monday April 4, 2016
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2016
-
Hello,

Problem Descriptions: Windows boots up and allows me to logon, but after the welcome message, I see a black screen with just the arrow key. Start a new task "Explorer" in task manager, nothing shows up even though I can see the new explorer process in the processes tab of the task manager windows. I believe
I can create the explorer task in safe mode, so the file isn't corrupted or missing?

I don't know how to proceed at this point. How did I run into this problem at the beginning? It starts when I update couple outdated software via avast scan outdated software, I can't remember exactly which one I update, most likely Adobe Air, Flash player plugin, but the last one I update is itunes, it hangs or freezes so I have to reboot it and that's how I get into the problem. I really appreciate someone in the know can give me some pointers. Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
Did you able to enter into safe mode?

Did you have windows cd?
Registration date
Monday April 4, 2016
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2016

Yes, I can get into safe mode. I have tried to uninstall itune and apple related stuff in safe mode, but it won't let me. I have no proof but I believe
itune is causing the problem and I want to undo it.

No, I don't have the windows cd.
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
Try to do a system restore to previous point before the problem happens.
Registration date
Monday April 4, 2016
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2016

Unfortunately, I don't have a backup to restore. Yeah, ashamed on me.

No one else has this problem? Can someone give me some pointers please?????????
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
start-->all prog-->access-->sys tools->system restore
Registration date
Monday April 4, 2016
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2016

Oh that. No, it didn't work.
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
what do you mean by didn't work?
Registration date
Monday April 4, 2016
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2016

The first one appears on the list for restoring is right after trouble occurred as I believe, on that same day, so it still gives black screen. The next one on the list dates back several years where Acronis true image was used. I remember seeing 2 c: drives but none of them can be selected for restoring. The computer has trouble updating for several years like most vista users suffer.
Registration date
Monday April 4, 2016
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2016

Is there anything else I can try? Really want to get it working again.

What I don't understand is, in the choose a restore point screen, the top listed "Install: Windows Update" which is the same date the system fails to have a clean boot. I haven't been able to install any windows updates for years, and I have tried many many solutions. So what is this windows update from? Right below is when I added a new drive I believe.
The first available "System: Scheduled Checkpoint" is 6 years ago. Will there be any harm if I choose to restore to it?

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!