I spilt coffee on my laptop

Closed
iinesan Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 21, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2016 - Apr 21, 2016 at 06:48 PM
iinesan Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 21, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2016 - Apr 21, 2016 at 09:19 PM
So I just spilt coffee on my laptop and it went mostly all over the keyboard. I shut it off after the screen went off, managed to dry the outside of it using kitchen roll and I removed the battery and the power cable. I also opened it and turned it upside down to drain and dry out the inside etc.

After a few minutes, I plugged my power cable in (without the battery in) and the fan just started whizzing by itself. I hadn't even touched the power button.

Reckon I need to get this to a technician?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Apr 21, 2016 at 09:07 PM
It would have been best if you had NEVER turned the laptop on.

Good luck
0
iinesan Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 21, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2016
Apr 21, 2016 at 09:19 PM
So it's best to get it to a technician?

The laptop is completely off now. No battery, no power cables, no nothing. I just found it odd that my fan came on when I plugged the cable in when there was no battery.
0