To delete linux partition and install xp sp2

Closed
Rama - Apr 22, 2009 at 02:26 AM
 PALLAB - Oct 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM
Hello,

I have installed windows sp2 in my system. Later I deleted a partition and installed Linux(Fedora 8 i386). Then when I tried to format windows and install a fresh again then my system does not boot from XP 2 CD. Then i tried to install through existing windows OS to install XP, but it showed an error and the existing windows get corrupted.So please suggest how to delete linux partition and install windows XP2.
Related:

2 responses

If you have linux installed,go to bios,in the main option chage the ACIH to IDE...then change the priority to cd/DVD drive...then put the bootable disc and press f12 continuously,then it will come"press any key to boot from CD"..

then install it as usual...thats how it worked to me..
BUT IT DIDNOT WORK FOR ME.....AN ERROR MESSAGE WAS SHOWN TO ME.....WHICH VERSION OF LINUX WAS PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED IN UR PC????
Hi
So what is ur current status on the HD. How many partions and OSes are there now?
Is it a laptop? do you have a floppy drive?
and...

Then i tried to install through existing windows OS to install XP,
Which existing windows? Was it a triple boot then?

but it showed an error
What error?

and the existing windows get corrupted
Is it still accessable?

If you want to create multiboot systems you need to be carefull in which order you install them.
Maybe I'm wrong but the same thing goes for uninstall.

Of course there is a solution for everything but the 'hassle free way' is for example to install win98 before xp
or xp/win98 before Linux.
Doesn't fedora uses grub? If so didn't it asked you where to put it during install? So where did you?
If you have floppy drive use a win 98 bootdiskette and then fdisk
If you cd drive only. does a/any live cd from linux start?