- Laptop shuts down suddenly with a click sound
- Laptop shuts down with a click sound - Best answers
- Laptop clicks and turns off - Best answers
- Laptop shuts down with a click sound ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Hp laptop shuts down with a click sound - Forum - Hardware
- Laptop shuts down after click sound - Forum - Laptop
- Computer shutting off randomly/weird sounds ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- My computer shut down automatically ✓ - Forum - Windows
Sounds like processor or overheating. When you log in. Your processor starts working hard and needs to be cooled down. If it is failing or overheating. It will shut off. When you turn your computer on can you hear your fan working. It may need a good cleaning. Heatsink may need some new thermal paste or the cpu may need changing
It only takes seconds. If you didnt put thermal paste back on heat sink then it is not making contact with cpu.
If you cleaned the heat sink and fan and didnt reapply thermal paste. Than that is definitely the problem.