Connected to unsecured wireless netwrok but n

Closed
ka - Apr 23, 2009 at 10:53 PM
 D-Rock - Aug 3, 2009 at 01:07 PM
Hello,

Please solve my problem. I have HP 540. It's able to connect to unsecured wireless network but i ma not able to surf the internet. How to

Thanks & Regards
Kanchan

2 responses

rapidst Posts 14 Registration date Tuesday April 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2009 3
Apr 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM
how about the signal strenghts????it is low or not connectivity is limited???
Status is connected & signal strength is either low or very low. But other day i was able to connect with these stats. Only i turned off my firewall. Now also i am doing same but not able to surf. It's ststu is connected.

Is setting the workgroup or network id affects?

as i recently bought this laptop and tried with default setting with firewall off & it worked but now i have done something like chaged network id or workgroup. I am not sure whthere it effects or not....
I just ran into that issue last night at a clients house. She also has a HP. She was telling me that she asked around her apartment building and they all said that they had the same issue until they secured there Wireless network.

That didn't make any sense to me being i have the same ISP and almost the same model wireless router. My wireless is unsecured but i don't have this same issue. So i tried everything that i new how, to get on that wireless network working properly but it kept saying "Restricted" witch emplies that she can't get on the internet.

So i finally gave in and set her wireless router so that she was using a WEP Key and after that, it was connecting to the internet with no problem.

So i would suggest setting up at least a WEP key and see if that works because that sure did work for me.