Laptop screen turns off after windows start up

Closed
arcel - May 24, 2016 at 06:16 AM
 Arcel - May 24, 2016 at 08:04 PM
I am usually the person which fixes the computers in the house.. and one of them has this problem which I don't know what to do..
First when I turn it on it shows the Windows 7 Ultimate startup and then my laptop screen turns off/goes black.the display only seen on the generic monitor.I tried to use extended and duplicate display, but then the display in my laptop still doesn't appear I don't know what to do I have tried everything and still nothing.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 24, 2016 at 01:51 PM
what happens if you try to start in "safe mode"?

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

You can try restoring the computer to a checkpoint prior the the problems inception.

Good Luck
I try to open it in "safe mode" and it works,but when I open it again in normal,again the start up windows only shows and after that I need to use generic monitor in order for me to view the display,
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > Arcel
May 24, 2016 at 07:57 PM
It appears that the video chip/card driver is at fault if you must use the generic VGA driver. Sometimes the Windows update can download a driver that does not work with you hardware. You can probably revert to an older version of the driver.
Thank you for the info and for quick respond.