My Dell Inspiron laptop doesnt boot up, and doesnt show any opti

Closed
Nic - May 27, 2016 at 03:55 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - May 27, 2016 at 08:37 AM
Hello,
Recently I had booted windows 10, but this windows 10 didn't work as I expected. Even it blocked my Dell Inspiron laptop's dvd drive from working. It can't work now. So, from another usb dvd drive, I tried to boot the windows 8.1, or 8, version but while booting my windows normally start without asking like " enter any key to boot....". NOt only this, I even cant reboot the same windows 10, cause it didn't let me have any option. So, what to do, please help me.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
May 27, 2016 at 08:37 AM
Hi Nic,

When you start the laptop, do you get the chance to enter the BIOS menu? You should open it and check which device is selected as primary booting device. Since you are using a USB, put it in first place.
If you cannot enter in the BIOS menu, that may be a problem. Check the laptop’s manual for any way to reset BIOS. Another option is to contact the manufacturer’s support and ask for some model specific suggestions. Test the USB on another PC to confirm that it is working correctly.

Hope this helps