Laptop fused out?

Closed
Sublimer Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday June 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2016 - Jun 14, 2016 at 11:52 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 16, 2016 at 12:23 AM
I have a laptop that's brand new, use to run perfectly, had no problems at all. It's a normal laptop, not a gaming one. It's a Lenovo Dolby, bought from Best Buy.
I was in the middle of cleaning out my bunny cages then my dad came in and told me to go to the park with him to run a mile or two. We were gone for four hours and the bunnies were running freely around my room. I came home and they chewed the laptop charger in half so interior wires were exposed. I told my dad and he opened it up and inspected it and connected wires. It worked perfectly for the laptop, it charged just fine for a few weeks. (The interior wires WERE exposed. At times they would make sparks or clicking noises.) I was laying on my bed with my laptop in my lap, then when I moved a little to switch p osition, one spark and click sound made the laptop shut down. No warning or anything. Screen went black and it didn't turn back on since.
We got a new charger for the specific kind of laptop. The light on the charger block works and it turns on, however, the laptop doesn't do a thing.
One thing for sure is that it's something up with the laptop, NOT the charger. Did I fuse out the laptop or what?
Please respond as soon as possible. I've been trying impatiently to fix this for two weeks now with no positive result.
Related:

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 15, 2016 at 02:15 AM
Hello Sublimer,

As you said ,"The interior wires WERE exposed"

It is advised not to use it as it cause further damage to your laptop.
I suggest you to go to the local pc repair shop to repair it, or to the manufacturer service center if you pc is under warranty.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:23 AM
As you already start topic here and get help from ac3mark. I close this topic. In future Do not create duplicate post as the moderator/helper may help others having issues.

Hope you understand