How can I get a video as my desktop backgrnd?

Solved/Closed
soulsearcher89 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2009 - Apr 30, 2009 at 08:47 PM
 ... - Jan 26, 2014 at 06:49 PM
Hello,

I was wondering, how can I make a music video my desktop background??? I have seen this done with Macs and I was wondering if it was possible for Windows???? Please respond..

Thank you
Related:

7 responses

Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
May 1, 2009 at 04:09 AM
You will need to have Home premium or ultimate editions for the "DREAMSCENE" video backdrop feature as it requires AERO enabled. If you have AERO enabled vista then simply goto the PERSONALISE (right click desktop) option and select DREAMSCENE within the desktop backdrop menu.

If you don't have it, theres a app by STARDOCK that does the same thing, in fact I thinks slightly better https://www.stardock.com/products/deskscapes/
u have to pay for it...
first download the software from this link
http://www.dreamscene.org/load.php?Cmd=Download&AL=Yes&ID=15
after that run that "xpscene"
step 1:-input only wmv,mpg,avi file into it.
step 2:-give the location of output file for example save in a "desktop"
step 3:-click on create button.
after that
right click on desktop select "properties"
in display properties select "desktop"
click on "browse" and locate the save file (which you have save in a desktop)
after that click on apply and press ok
ENJOY IT................!
Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
May 1, 2009 at 04:12 AM
BTW to add videos to dreamscene they need to be MPEG, AVI or WMV format
coldpay Posts 9 Registration date Thursday January 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2009 13
May 1, 2009 at 05:30 AM
hi,
note that this will consume your memory space and may cause your computer to respond slowly.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hi, if you are using win XP, then convert your movie clip to GIF format, try to keep it of less time and less resolution, or it willl consume your memory and slows down you PC as well. after that make your GIF file as your desktop pic, you can also STRECH or TITLED, CENTRE it. as you required. obviously quality would not be as gud as your original video. thanks
take care
for Mac I can advise u Macvide ScreenCap. It allows record screen in different formats.
allydog Posts 6 Registration date Thursday March 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 at 01:14 AM
go to how to make a youtube vidio hope helps