MSI laptop shutting down after Microsoft Windows Logo

Closed
Jamil - Aug 10, 2016 at 08:31 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Aug 29, 2016 at 05:02 AM
Hello,

My laptop cant start properly, its shuttingdown after the microsoft logo, tried reformating the laptop but it doesnt work... tried also to clean and put a thermal paste in the CPU . but still it doesnt work

what should i do.?

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 15, 2016 at 03:27 AM
Hi Jamil,

I would recommend you to open the BIOS menu and restore it to its default settings. Trying to reinstall the OS was a good idea. All went normally with the installation? There may be a problem with your laptop’s power port or the motherboard. If the laptop is under warranty, contact the seller. You may need the assistance of a technician in order to get more detailed information about the issue.
Hope this helps

thank you for your response,

i did all of those stuff but still not working.. im planning now to build a pc using the old parts of my loptop. but ill try to consult first a hardware tech about it. it might be a board issue,,

i really appreciated your response.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > jamil
Aug 29, 2016 at 05:02 AM
Hi again Jamil,

Have you found a solution for the problem? Disassembling a laptop may be helpful in order to build a good desktop PC. I believe you may be able to use the HDD and the optical drive but you still may need to get some new hardware. The problem you are facing can be a motherboard or a power related issue which should be resolved with a new motherboard and a PSU. The old RAM may not be usable in a desktop PC but you still may be able to sell it.

Hope this helps