Sound has stopped working on laptop?

Closed
cloudyskies - Aug 17, 2016 at 03:51 PM
seastorm Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2017 - Jul 9, 2017 at 10:19 PM
Hello!

Yesterday, as I was watching a Youtube video, my laptop restarted randomly, displaying the error "APC_INDEX_MISMATCH". After it restarted, the sound on my laptop stopped working (both the headphone jack and the laptop's speakers), and I can't seem to figure out why. When I play music or a video, the computer shows that sound is playing through the speaker levels, but nothing comes out. I've run the Windows troubleshooter on both the speakers and the headphones, updated the driver software for my headphones, and disabled and enabled both the speakers and the headphones, but nothing seems to work.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 11e (around a month old) with Windows 10 on it.

Anybody have any suggestions? I can't seem to find anyone who's had the same error as me.
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2016 at 04:24 PM
Take it back! No hardware should fail that soon!
I have the exact same issue (lenovo 11e, no sound, win 10) I believe this is a driver issue as mine happened this past week after having the laptop for a month.

I noticed that mine happened after the comuter failed and restarting following an update to Win10 (yea for forced updates).

It is not the laptop itself as the same dang thing happened to my buddy (we both got them during the primeday sale)
seastorm Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2017
Jul 9, 2017 at 10:19 PM
Did you ever find a solution? I have the EXACT same problem, sound doesn't come out on laptop speakers or external speakers but it shows that sound is playing. I've spent over 15 hours trying to fix this now. Also happened after a Win10 update. Also got mine on the Prime sale.
Blocked Profile
Aug 22, 2016 at 07:02 PM
I am thinking this is a chipset issue!

I just restored my Win10 machine, and the first thing it did was rip out Any realtek drivers. Do you know the chipset of Audio portion?