Bridge my Ethernet connection and my WiFi

Closed
timothym98 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday September 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 14, 2016 - Sep 14, 2016 at 09:01 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 19, 2016 at 03:43 PM
Hey all,
I've been trying to bridge my Ethernet connection and my WiFi so that I can connect my Wii U to the internet. I'm on a college campus, and the network security here is set up such that my Wii U cannot connect directly via WiFi, nor can it connect by being directly connected to an ethernet port. So, my last remaining option is to use my computer as an in-between, but I've hit a snag.

Every time I try to bridge the connections in Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, I get the following error:

Now, when I checked other threads that had this error, every other person fixed their problem by disabling Internet Connection Sharing under the Sharing tab in the Properties of each network adapter. I tried this, and it didn't work.

^After unchecking like this for both Ethernet and WiFi, I still get the same error message when trying to bridge. I've also tried this by unchecking both boxes, this doesn't fix anything.

Any idea what the problem is and what my next move should be?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Sep 19, 2016 at 03:43 PM
UC Berkeley does not allow you to connect any wifi hardware to the student network.