Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
Hello,
I have a DELL LATITUDE E6410, and at about 9pm yesterday, it wouldn't run correctly. I had been using a few hours earlier and decided to not turn it off in case I wanted to go on it later, so when I went to go on it, the screen was just blank, the back-lighting was still on, but it was just a black screen.

I gave it a few minutes to try and fix itself, but it just stayed as it was, so I turned it off by holding the power button and restarted it. When it came up with the options to go into safe mode or run normally, i ran it normally and after the "Starting Windows" and the windows logo disappeared, it just went back to being a black screen.

Restarted it, launched in safe mode and it worked, looked up what might be the issue, one place said it could have been something with the drivers, so I followed those instructions and restarted, like it said to.

It didn't work, and now when I try to launch it in safe mode, it gets to "Loaded: \Windows\system32\drivers\CLASSPNP.SYS" and just stays there, I watched it for half an hour and it didn't move on.

SO basically, when I launch it in normal mode, it just goes black screen after the windows logo, and when i try and launch it in safe mode, it just gets stuck.

NOTE: I have tried the take out the battery and hold the power button thing, that didn't work.

I'd appreciate any assistance, cause my dad left to go on a work trip to America, literally 1 hour before this started. :(

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!