My Western Digital is not working on Mac

Closed
Haneen AlAwadi - Oct 1, 2016 at 05:17 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 3, 2016 at 04:33 AM
Hello,

Hello,
My Western Digital is not getting detected all of a sudden when I connect it to my mac. This happnes when I plug in the device.
a) Light appearing on the drive.
b) Hearing sound from the drive.
But not detected. I tried changing the usb cable but still nothing.
Please, help
Thanks,

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 3, 2016 at 04:33 AM
Hi Haneen AlAwadi,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD drive. Have you been using the drive on the Mac without any problems? In what file format is the drive formatted? Changing the USB cable was a great idea. Any sign of the drive in Disk Utility? I would recommend you to test the drive on another PC, even on Windows PC. Are the sounds from the drive spinning sounds or they are more like strange scratching noises?
If the drive does not appear in Disk Utility and is not working on another PC, but you have important data stored inside, I would recommend you to test the device on Linux PC. It may give you better chances when it comes to drive connectivity.
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=fu29zC- check the WD knowledge base for some additional suggestions.

Hope this helps