Inspiron 15 shows black screen dell logo again, and again

Closed
Saddu - Oct 24, 2016 at 10:26 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 25, 2016 at 05:31 AM
Hello,

I'm having some probems with my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. When I click the power button, the Dell logo shows up as normal, but it then shows a black background, and the dell logo again, and again and again, endlessy. PLEASE HELP.

Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 25, 2016 at 03:00 AM
Hi Saddu,

Please check if it is possible to access the BIOS menu. You should press a specific button or a button combination while the manufacturer’s logo is on screen. Once you open the menu, search for your hard drive. If it is not listed, this means that the drive has been disconnected and the PC cannot read the installed system. This may explain the black screen.

If the drive is correctly listed in BIOS, you should boot from a Windows installation drive. Does the installation start? Select the Repair option, because it can fix some startup errors without harming your data.

If you cannot access the BIOS menu, there may be a problem with your hardware and I would recommend you to search for an advice from a technician or from the manufacturer’s support.

Hope this helps

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 25, 2016 at 05:31 AM
Hi Saddu,

Can you remember if you have updated Windows recently? What I suggest you to is to find a Windows installation drive and boot form it. Select the Repair option and try to fix your Windows installation. If that is not possible, you may need to reinstall Windows. If you have important data stored in your primary partition, I recommend you to connect the drive in a desktop PC and backup all important data.
Once Windows is installed, make sure you have all the latest updates.

Hope this helps