Pen Drive not read

Closed
rajesh - May 6, 2009 at 10:24 PM
 Guest - Jun 17, 2009 at 08:05 PM
Hello,
I have a transcend 4Gb pendrive. Ihave used it successfully over 1-1/2 years on windows XP both in laptop and PC.however recently our engineer observed some virus and the same were removed from pendrive.since then neither light comes off the device nor it is recognised by system.Unknown device appears.Lights never comes out from pendrive.however on restart before appearance of windows opening logo it blinks then goes again dead.whether my pendrive is dead or something wrong with windows.
Related:

2 responses

cpho58 Posts 4 Registration date Friday March 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 1
May 7, 2009 at 03:14 AM
hi,
try to download the firmware for the pen drive.
try this link to find the firmware:
http://www.transcendusa.com/Products/Catlist.asp?FldNo=3&LangNo=0
Alternately, you may want to try the online recovery tool that Transcend has to offer at - transcendusa.com. But, watch out - this tool is accessible and usable only on authentic pen drives (i.e. pen drives of Transcend make only). This is a smart little tool & I guess - the only function of this tool is, to do a low-level format on your pen drive (similar to that of formatting a fresh hard disk). Try the tool, it definately works. At least, it did for me :)