Installed new HHD and Battery can't boot to install Windows 7

Closed
Muneca - Nov 1, 2016 at 09:21 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 4, 2016 at 07:13 AM
Hello,

I purchase a new HDD and new battery for my Dell Inspiron 530s. The motherboard was replaced about two years old and rarely use this computer only for viewing movies online. Now, I have issues with my computer:

1. When I press the start button, it shuts off for about a second and restarts again. Eventually, I manage to get to the Dell screen which allows me to press F2 or F12.

2 In Bios, the HDD is recognized but can not start the Windows 7 installation CD, it goes to black screen with cursor on the upper left corner. This happens after the boot option .

3 I shutdown and restart the process again and then I get this message : "Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint . Its disappears so fast that I can not see the error code.

I have tried several times using one of the methods: Internal DVD/CD Drive, External DVD/CD Drive or Flash Drive, Please help, I do not know what else I can do!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 2, 2016 at 04:21 AM
Hi Muneca,

The startup issues may be motherboard related or there is a connectivity problem with the power button. If you are able to get to the BIOS menu, I recommend you to restore BIOS to its default settings and configure the boot sequence. I suggest you to use a bootable flash drive. Place the USB as a primary booting device. If there are several USB option, place the all in the first three places. Save the settings, restart the PC and plug the flash drive. If the installation process does not start, try with another .iso file. If the problem remains, there may be a problem with your BIOS and I would contact the laptop manufacturer and ask for guidance. You may need to update your BIOS.

Hope this helps

Hello again,

I've tried everything you suggested on my desktop computer and nothing works! Forgot those Dell reps who won't help. I don't know if its a problem with the power supply because it works. Do you think it could the power button? Thank you for your time.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > Muneca
Nov 4, 2016 at 07:13 AM
This could be a problem with the power button cables, especially if are sure that the PSU works normally. Try to boot with the pins, without using the power button. Happens the same?
Have you tried with different installation .iso? Then you may check the manufacturer’s web page for some BIOS updates for your computer’s model. Those booting failures may be fixed with a BIOS reset/update.