Black screen with cursor and no effect

Closed
Natasha - Nov 11, 2016 at 06:13 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 11, 2016 at 06:28 PM
Hello,
my Acer aspire Z1 is an all-in-one pc. When I switch it on, the Acer word and a tiny circle loads. then, the screen turns black with a cursor. Ihv try so many ways to make it but it seems to not working. I remember that I just simply turn it off improperly. Last time, before I shut it down it says 'update and shut down' I hit it but I switch the power off. ya, too lazy. Help needed!!

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 11, 2016 at 06:28 PM
Hello Natasha,

You turned off your computer before the operating system finished to update, now it's all kerfuffled; it often happens when people get impatient. All you had to to do was to click on finish update and close and go to bed no need to shut the power off.

Now that your Acer no longer responds, I suggest that you restore it to factory settings and go through all of the updates again.

Mind you, resetting to factory settings will delete all of the data you had, it will be in the same state as when you took it out of the box.

Regards