Can't have access to folder in hard drive

Closed
Noor - Updated by Noor on 5/12/16 at 10:19 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 6, 2016 at 03:21 AM
Hello,

I have a problem, I unplugged my 1Tb hard drive from TV and then I couldn't have access to my hard drive then I used chkdsk f g: command on command prompt windows 7 to retrieved my data. Although I can open hard drive but now I can't open one of my very important folder which shows zero data size. Plus the folder doesn't show its file format as well. Please help

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Updated by KY_WD on 5/12/16 at 10:59 AM
Hey there Noor,

Please, follow these steps:
1. Open command prompt
2. Type the following command:
attrib -s -h -r X:/*.* / s / d
Press "Enter" and wait a moment.
Be careful! Respect the spaces between words and script. Change the letter X with that has been assigned to the external hard disk.
3. Finally, browse the drive and delete the recycle folder and if there is another one called "Autorun" you have to delete that too.
Also, you could use the Linux Live CD to gain acces to your external drive.

Hope I gave you some ideas. Cheers.
Western Digital representative
Thank you for replying, I tried that too but no luck with it as well :(
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Noor
Dec 6, 2016 at 03:21 AM
Hi again,

There are some data recovery programs that could do the job. You could search for them over the Internet.
If they don't help you, then you could try to access the data using Linux Live USB / CD. Within the Ubuntu forum you can see the steps how to make a bootable flash. Once you have downloaded the .iso file, change the boot priority on the computer where the USB is placed. It is done through the BIOS and you must change the boot priority to be from USB ports and not the HDD. When it boots from the PC, you have to click on try option and not on the option to install the OS.

Hope this helps.