Cannot access my facebook

Closed
Darren Frazer - Updated by Ambucias on 16/12/16 at 05:07 AM
Tabeer Posts 63 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2016 - Dec 16, 2016 at 06:35 AM
Hello,
I have been trying to get into my Facebook account for about 2 months now.. I have tried everything but it seems my email and first pet name; which is the only secret question I am asked, has been changed. I'm not sure if this has something to do with me accidentally breaking my old iPad.
I still get messages about posts sent to my phone but whatever I try I cannot access my account.

Please advise.
Phone: removed by moderator

1 response

Tabeer Posts 63 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2016 23
Dec 16, 2016 at 06:35 AM
Go to recovery page of facebook and then do the following steps:

When you successfully managed to identify your account, you will be shown the reset password page (see screenshot below). Before you proceed to reset your password, carefully check whether this really is your account and whether the email address(es) and mobile phone number(s) listed are ones you can presently access.

If all is well, check the contact methods that apply, then click the Reset Password button and a password reset code will be sent to the respective email address or mobile phone number.

If you manage to regain access to your account this way and if you suspect that your account was hacked, immediately change your password and update your contact information. Be sure to remove any email addresses or phone numbers that are not your own or that you can no longer access.