Hp laptop's keyboard and cursor are frozen

Closed
guidekrishna Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 4, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2017 - Updated by Ambucias on 5/02/17 at 04:42 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 7, 2017 at 05:53 AM
my Hp laptop's keyboard and cursor is frozen and i tried to press FN+ f6/ f7 but it did not helped. Is there any other option!!
krishna
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 7, 2017 at 05:53 AM
Hello guidekrishna,

In order to be more helpful, I need you to provide me with more information regarding your issue. Please, give me detailed info when did this start to happen. Have you made any software or hardware changes recently to your laptop? Have you checked the cooling system? If not, you must find out if the fan is rotating correctly - it would be good if you can also measure the temperature of the CPU and GPU with some of the tools that are on the network
Do you have another charger with the same features? If so, plug it in the laptop so you can find out if you receive the same error, that you get now.
Also, there could be a failure in the hard drive. I mean, the disk may not have been recently defragmented and may need defragmentation. My advice is that you also test it with a tool for S.M.A.R.T. check designed by its manufacturer.
If you can start the lappy in Safe mode, you could also check the drive for viruses and malware with the specific tools for that.
Once you have reviewed the mentioned things above, please come over here to tell me what happened during the tests.

Cheers.