Acer Aspire M5 will not start after reset

Closed
Jacky - Updated by Ambucias on 12/02/17 at 06:28 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 13, 2017 at 03:59 AM
Hello,

I tried to reset my laptop Acer aspire M5. After the process my laptop can't start up anymore.

Only first screen requested to choose language and never moved from there afterwards.

Please help me on what to do?

Thanks!!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 13, 2017 at 03:59 AM
Hi Jacky,

So, the PC turns on and reaches to a language selection screen and cannot go any further, right? Is this the Windows language selection screen? If it is, please check if it is possible to open the BIOS menu before reaching the language screen.
If it is, the issue may be software related. Please open the BIOS menu and confirm if the hard drive is recognized. If it is, use a Windows installation drive and try to do a clean Windows installation. Sometimes there is a problem with the system restore files and Windows cannot boot normally.
If you cannot reach the BIOS menu and you cannot boot from a Windows installation drive, you should seek assistance from a technician.

Hope this helps