Wifi internet is connected but the browsers dont work

Closed
MonishR - Updated by Ambucias on 14/02/17 at 05:35 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 14, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Hi, I use a Windows 10 laptop and recently my browsers stopped working. Internet is connected and is working in all other devices but in my laptop browsers jhst keep thinking and doesnt open anything.

I found an answer in this website, which is to run a comand - "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" and then reboot my system. It worked, and I was able to use the browsers again. However the problem resurfaced after 2 days. I ran the command again and it got fixed again.

However, I have a feeling that the problem will resurface again in a few days. How do I identify the exact issue and fix it forever? Please help.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 14, 2017 at 11:35 AM
It's possible you have malware that is trying to turn your computer into a "bot" machine. I suggest you scan the computer using a good anti-virus or anti-malware program.

Good Luck