Laptop just died...power/battery???

Closed
shaun111 - May 17, 2009 at 05:02 AM
 matt - Sep 29, 2010 at 09:19 PM
Hey,
Yesterday, while I was just doing normal stuff on my Asus F3-JR laptop it just shutdown instantly. No warning or anything. At the moment, there is no response at all, not even a light to say that the power is plugged in. Although, when the main is plugged in, a very very quiet noise can be heard from it, and it slowly heats up as if it were running. It was plugged in when it turned off and I'm fairly sure it was fully charged, I haven't had battery problems yet. I've read around the net for a solution but nothing has worked so far.
I've taken it apart and cleaned it out a bit (hdd, ram, processor, fan, little round battery, wireless chip), nothing;
I've taken the battery out for a while, nothing;
I've held the power button in for +30 seconds with various hardware setting, still nothing.
I need it working, mainly because I have some important things not backed up, ie: uni assignments that are due soonish. This one has me stumped! I'd rather not send it to a pro, too expensive for me at the moment.
Thanks loads if you can help!!!
Shaun
Related:

5 responses

So you think there's no way of saving what's on my hard drive? great :(
Sadcasm is ignorant. This almost certainly did NOT destroy your hard drive. It's much more likely to be a system board or processor failure based on what you describe. The hard drive can be removed and placed in a desktop computer and then a full disk check run on it.
im specificly a laptop expert and paul is correct it indicates a board or PSU problem eitherway un-fixable if it was processor it would still start either way take your harddrive out put it in a desktop or case an make it a portable harddrive and throw the lapo away. agreed tho paul :D sadcasm is an idiot
Hello guys....

Even I am facing the same issue with my 2 year old Toshiba Satellite P200 - 1FC.

The notebook just went dead - The battery is full, but it wont start. Tried taking the battery out and connecting it to the adapter, but in vain.

First I thought, it was because of overheating. but its been 24 hours now and still dead.

Please help!

Thanks
Hello guys....

Even I am facing the same issue with my 2 year old Toshiba Satellite P200 - 1FC.

The notebook just went dead - The battery is full, but it wont start. Tried taking the battery out and connecting it to the adapter, but in vain.

First I thought, it was because of overheating. but its been 24 hours now and still dead.

Please help!

Thanks
lol your hard drive melted!!!!!! srsly it probably did, it wont start up aswell....

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hey there what most likley happend is two things, one, the light that lights up youre screens lcd monitor is a dead if thats the case it just might be eaiser and cheaper to buy a new laptop. new screens in some cases are more expensive then the laptop its self, or and you can find out by letting it load for a few mins, tilt the screen back and use a flash light close to it and see if you can see youre desktop, so like I said if thats the case then its the light, and you could use an external monitor to still get use. plug one to it, sometimes you also have to press and hold the FN (function) key and press one of the F keys one that says something like crt/lcd ? ... or TWO IF you know for sure it is not loading just kinda spining its gears. some laptops have been pron to overheating, and overtime the sodering connections will fail, if thats the case agian, sometiems it is eaiser to just toss it simply because there could be more damage to the unit if the sodering connections where shorting out.