Blank screen after windows xp starts up!

Closed
rick - May 18, 2009 at 08:36 AM
 Pramilesh - Mar 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Hello,Please somebody help!!!

I think i might have messed up the settings.....windows xp windows comes,upon powering up,then the screen goes blank!(but not off!)
Related:

5 responses

Hi I have more or less the same problem. The screen goes blank after the Windows logo. When I go into safe mode the screen gets stuck on code and doesnt load safe mode.

Qny Ideas what I can do or whats the problem?? All my college work is due and i'm panicing

I have an Acer Extensa 5220.
I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN I START WINDOWS XP SP2 IN MY PC IT SHOWING BANL 3 TO 5 SECONDS THEN IT IS RESTARTING.
Arikado5 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 5
Aug 26, 2009 at 08:16 PM
I had this same problem with my pc and I found a solution. I was unable to find the Enable VGA mode when I pressed F8 which caused a little alarm to me. I had a windows xp cd with me fortunately, so I put it in the disk drive. When I pressed F8 at the menu screen it brought up a blue screen with four choices:

Select Boot Device:
Hard Drive
Removable Device
ATAPI CD ROM
Intel Core--- (bunch of numbers)

I chose run ATAPI CD Rom and then was asked to chose which mode to boot up in-Safe mode, Safe mode with networking, Safe mode with command prompt, Last known configuration, Start Windows Normally.

All three safe modes would get stuck on a line of code that read: system32\drivers\agp440.sys

So I tried it again after restarting and chose start windows normally and viola! It worked. I then shut down the computer and reloaded it to make sure and it runs normally now. I didn't try last known configuration so I don't know how that one responds. I don't know if it was an internal system error that caused this or if my graphics card is old (Its a GEForce so I don't think so.)
whatsuzz Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday November 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2009 3
May 18, 2009 at 09:12 AM
hi,
this may be the resolution settings problem.
when booting your computer, press F8 repeatedly to enter Safe Mode.
check the settings from there and then restart your computer.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
when i start my pc widndow xp then it appears in blank but not shut down or any other work
what can i do
i want to format my window also