Computer loads infinately after startup

Closed
Gavsterman Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 17, 2017 - Apr 17, 2017 at 07:38 PM
Gavsterman Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 17, 2017 - Apr 17, 2017 at 08:52 PM
So, i got a wired ethernet cord and decided to move my pc so i could better access the port, i unplugged all the externals (monitor, periferals, power cord) and moved it to the other side of my desk, i plugged it in, turned it on, it went through the whole EZ bios thing that came with my motherboard, booted up my hard drive, then the blue windows logo with the spinning white circle of dots appears, screen goes black, then nothing but the white spinning dot circle is on screen, leave it there for a good 3 hours, nothing happens. Ive restarted it a couple of times without any change. Can annyone help me.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 17, 2017 at 07:58 PM
If you did a BIOS update that failed. Then you only option you have is to replace the BIOS chip with a correctly programmed one. That can only be obtained from the motherboard manufacturer.

I don't understand why you were doing a BIOS update at all. You might have disconnected the hard disk when you moved the computer. That might trigger a BIOS error message. Perhaps you need to take the computer to a local PC repair shop since it appears that it's going to need "hand on" access to the hardware to diagnose.

Good Luck
Gavsterman Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 17, 2017
Apr 17, 2017 at 08:52 PM
I didnt do a bios update, or if i did i didnt mean to, literaly all i did was unplug it, move it and plug it back in into a different outlet