Vista internet connection problem

Closed
hgevs - May 20, 2009 at 01:11 AM
 gev - Jun 11, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Hi all,
I have Microsoft vista connected to the local network.
I cannot ping outside ex. www.yahoo.com until I ping to the local network gateway or detaching and attaching LAN cable, after that I have ping to outside about 1 hour. Other XP machines in the network are working fine.
The machine is receiving the IP configuration from the DHCP server.
What could be the problem?
Related:

5 responses

epsiman Posts 306 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 162
May 20, 2009 at 03:58 AM
Some config might have change, check everything
sa.nk71 Posts 6 Registration date Friday April 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2009 1
May 20, 2009 at 07:08 AM
hi,
check your firewall settings as well.
Thanks for replay

My firewall is disabled
Ive had the same problem after 2 weeks of Vista my connection to the internet just kept dropping ive had the problem for 6 months now after trying many solutions i like connecting different computers not on Vista and them not having any probs it has to be a fault with Vista i think i have now resolved the problem ive been downloading 2 files at the same time with Bittorrent for over an hour and im still connected im not sure exactly what i done to resolve this but i do have the web address with all the info on how to resolve this problem i followed basically everything step by step heres the addy just copy and paste.

https://www.gateway.com/worldwide/support/

I hope this works for you

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Thanks, I will try