Virus problem!!!

Closed
Buddha - May 20, 2009 at 09:53 PM
Bhishma Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2009 - May 23, 2009 at 07:42 AM
Hello,
My comp is infected with viruses (got it when i visited a site that offered cracks). I have AVG anti virus(free edition),it detects viruses but even after i ask AVG to move it vault, the virus is still there. I reinstalled Xp by formating only c: drive but the virus seems to have come again even with me not going to any such sites that offer "cracks". My friend is of the opinion that the viruses have come through the folders 'RECYCLER' and 'System volume information' that windows maintains in each drive. I can delete these folders through Linux and then continue with reinstalling Xp, but i want to know if the virus infects the .exe files on other drives. The virus has been so beautifully programed that it doesn't allow me to perform online scans. Whenever i visit any site that offers online virus scan i get an error saying "Server not found". Whenever my browser starts AVG throws a warning and an ad is displayed in a new tab.

Queries: 1. Can i rescue my system now?
2. If not i want to know how to reinstall my windows without getting infected again.
Related:

2 responses

sarannan Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 21, 2009
May 21, 2009 at 02:27 AM
it is better you find out a good anti software as avira and scan your pc...
Bhishma Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2009
May 21, 2009 at 08:36 AM
Does it help at this stage?
Bhishma Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2009
May 23, 2009 at 07:42 AM
But what if the virus does not allow him to install an antivirus software? If it does not allow him to perform an online scan the chances of it allowing him to install is very slim. I suggest reinstalling bro.

But guys how to reinstall windows without loosing data on other drives and without being infected by virus?