Connectivity issues across all devices on LAN

Solved/Closed
urb4n0ninj4 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2017 - Jul 23, 2017 at 10:11 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 25, 2017 at 04:21 PM
I'm using a NETGEAR C6300 Modem/router through Comcast, and last night seemingly out of nowhere Netflix videos would error out (or load indefinitely).
All today webpages either don't load, or don't fully load. For example Google sometimes comes right up, and searches sometimes display immediately, but most sites I visit from the results come back with "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET," "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED," or "DNS" errors.
Some websites kind of load, for example facebook comes up with all the usual business, but only loads one or two stories, and scrolling ends abruptly and i get a "loading" graphic that never comes in. Netflix I can browse my stuff, but I try to view any movies/shows it loads indefinitely before giving me one of a dozen different error codes that all tell me the same thing.
I've power cycled the modem/router a few times, and factory reset it, but neither have worked. I've flushed the DNS but that didn't work. And I've run a "Tracert" through the cmd on a few different sites, netflix seems to bounce back a LOT of request time-outs, but facebook does not. And I've run "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt " and that didn't work either.
I'm having these issues hard wired to the modem/router at my desktop, through WiFi on my laptop and phone, and netflix flips out on my PS3 as well, which is hardwired.
Windows troubleshooter finds no issues (shocking), and every device claims to have internet. I'm at my wits end and have combed through the web, but everyone who claims to have the same solutions don't have answers that work, and trying to get webpages to load well enough to get info is a disaster. Despite speed tests reading 50-100Mbps download speeds, some sites take a good 5-10 minutes to load if they don't error out entirely. Any help would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 24, 2017 at 05:06 PM
When you say "though Comcast", does that mean using their network, or it is their device? If it is their device, contact them and scream until they make it work.

If it is yours, then you may need to correct administer the DNS in the router. If it worked good for your other ISP, now it doesn't it is becuase COMCAST network does not like to look at the other providers network resources for routing. Change the DNS is the router to point to the MODEM, then to 4.2.2.2

Give that a try, and let us know!
urb4n0ninj4 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2017
Jul 25, 2017 at 02:01 PM
I made a call to Comcast on sunday night to call me back Monday, and sure enough I got home from work and everything was back to normal. A friend of mine (who works for a cable provider down south) suggested it was an issue on their side when he saw some of the things that were happening. Looks like that was the case. Classic Comcast.
Blocked Profile
Jul 25, 2017 at 04:21 PM
Yup, been there. I have designed and deployed cable call centers (nationwide), operated as an agent in one, and delivered the service in a van! There is a reason I stepped away from the BIG providers (including BS&S)! More for less. It isn't like they have to chop down trees to produce more bandwidth! Just make what you have work, please! I am happy you found a resolution, and more importantly, gave us feedback!