If you're using an Android device, you should be aware that some apps include in-app purchases. You can disable this functionality to avoid random and unintentional chargers.
How to turn off in-app purchases on newer Android devices?
- Open Google Play store.
- Select your profile picture.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Authentification.
- Select Require authentication for purchases.
- Set the purchase authentification to For all purchases through Google Play on this device.
This way, the app will ask you for authentification before every purchase, which includes in-app purchases.
How to turn off in-app purchases on older Android devices?
You can't disable in-app purchases on Android phones as is the case for iOS devices for example, but you can still lock these features with a PIN or password (which will be required for each of your purchases).
- Open the Google Play Store APK.
- Press your phone's Menu button and go to Settings.
- Scroll to the User Controls section.
- Tap on Set or Change PIN option and enter a 4 digit PIN.
- Back to the User Controls, simply check Use PIN for purchases.
Note: On the latest version of the Google Play Store app, this option has been renamed as "Password - Use password to restrict purchases".
- How to disable images on chrome android
- Block International Calls on Samsung Galaxy
- Disable the Internet Connection on Android Smartphone
- Messaging icon is deleted in my mobile Andriod.Can I retrieve it [solved] > Forum - Messaging
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Show hidden files on Android
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check and change it
- Block calls from unknown numbers: on Android, iPhone
- Manage and organize apps on Android