Toshiba Satellite not starting

Closed
G6PWS Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2019 - Feb 20, 2019 at 09:06 AM
G6PWS Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2019 - Feb 21, 2019 at 05:56 AM
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L360-262 system
first the system would not start, multiple stop start and then it would start up to windows but with error and running the fix came back with could not find any errors or if just start it was fine.
kept doing this for about a month getting worse, on listening to the system whilst turning on could hear the hard drive squeaking and trying to start, again on/off for a few time listening then heard it start up and alls well.
Ok Hard drive u/s So replaced with a new one and rebuilt system all ok for a week now doing it again with new drive.
do you think it is the Motherboard ? I have check the power on the mobo and its there 3.5 v
but after turning off for 10mins not there?? where is the next check or is it a new MOBO??

any help would be appreciated.

1 response

Ah ues, the treaded toshiba. That make also brought me to here many years ago. I also bought a new mobo, and rebuilt with same non working result. I was eventually explained that many of a toshiba have been brought here, to not ever be fixed. I was eventually convinced to toss it out and get another brand of pc.

I understand that this is not good technical advice, but I have also experienced a bad toshiba and it was never fixed. Without a circuit tester, and a schematic, I do not think you would be able to determine the cause.

I tend to think it is a grounding issue with the case. The case is the only thing in common. If you are brave, attempt to build it OUT of any case (I have used legos to isolate the circuitry from the table), and see if it runs out of the case.

Or, keep the harddrive and have any files that may exisits transferred to a new device is my best advice.

G6PWS Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2019
Feb 21, 2019 at 05:56 AM
Hi AC3Mark
I have completely strip out the mobo and bench testing the system.
it works perfectly 4 or 5 times then shutting down properly each time then gives the same thing blank screen, if I disconnect the hard drive it gives the error of no drive detected
reconnect the hard drive 2 -5 attempts to start and it does - each start gives a hard drive led flash - then when it does start have to go through windows startup error. some times just goes in after a couple of minutes other time there is a reboot and it starts perfectly but gives the error windows has recovered from an error
I have pulled out so much hair over this that I am starting to look at wigs.

thanks for your help - I can only keep trying else pick a window as the laptop is leaving.