Can't Get Gmail Auto Response Canned Messages To Work (specific email address)

Closed
phaze3131 Posts 3 Registration date Monday March 4, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2019 - Updated on Mar 4, 2019 at 04:11 PM
phaze3131 Posts 3 Registration date Monday March 4, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2019 - Mar 4, 2019 at 05:41 PM
Hello,

I'm hoping to maybe get some insight on what is going wrong with sending a canned email response.

(maybe it's not possible to send canned messages to zendesk and I'll maybe need a script?)

I am specifically trying to get my gmail account to respond to one specific email coming from a zendesk account and for some reason it just refuses to work just for this one specific email address. It works for all other tests I have done on other email addresses.

Here is an image of what the header looks like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xwbhxqp22vqrei/Photos%202019-03-03%2017.07.43.png 2019-03-03 17.07.43.png

Here is the website where you submit a message to get the email in your inbox and setup the canned filter. If you setup the filter for support@voxxintl.zendesk.com first, then submit a message on the site you can test and see it does not work and does not send it.

Can't figure it out for the life of me, so ty ty ty for any help!

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 72.0.3626.119
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 4, 2019 at 04:13 PM
Ok so you get a ticket from zendesk, and you want your email client to respond. Why not can the messgae from zendesk?

It appears to me that you are trying to automate your work! Contact your supervisor and ask them to ask zendesk!
phaze3131 Posts 3 Registration date Monday March 4, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2019
Updated on Mar 4, 2019 at 05:06 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "work" or "supervisor" but I am at home and trying to send an auto response to the person at the company that is sending copy and paste responses to people who need help.

The reason I know it's a person who reads them and does this is because not all of them are the same and sometimes they actually do read them but rarely.

I didn't see a possible solution to the problem in your response so I guess we will just have to ignore it, but thanks for the time.
"but I am at home and trying to send an auto response to the person at the company that is sending copy and paste responses"

So who is that person's BOSS?

The problem with your question, is you gave no details about what you have already tried to trap, but you did manage to post a link to some crap website! So, it looks like work, sounds like work, it must be work. You are a Victim of the PETER PRINCIPLE!!

Have FUN!
Blocked Profile
Mar 4, 2019 at 05:12 PM
If the person you are receiving the cut and paste message from is a provider, I would start re-evaluating the value of that provider!
phaze3131 Posts 3 Registration date Monday March 4, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2019
Updated on Mar 4, 2019 at 05:43 PM
I'm so confused about all this "boss", "work" and "supervisor" talk.

The company's website is how they take in messages (it's pretty obvious if you have ever seen an online form that is used to generate an email), sure it's crap but no idea what that has to do with anything?

I see so many words and mumbo jumbo from you (boss supervisor evaluate values and providers) but still haven't seen one possible solution or identifying what the problem that is actually causing it not to work.

I guess we'll have to all just put up with this nonsense till the problem is identified, what shame to spam a thread with nonsense though.

I'm trying to have fun and figure out how setup a canned response similar to how they deal with customers who have problems.

It works with other email addresses when I try it but just not the ones I get from that specific email address.