Hosted app data will not clear

Solved/Closed
Woody_3336 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 4, 2019 Status Member Last seen December 4, 2019 - Dec 4, 2019 at 09:11 AM
 woody_3336 - Dec 10, 2019 at 02:10 PM
In google chrome, advanced settings, clear browsing history, my Hosted App Data will not clear. There are over 2,000 apps in there, most are old and not used or needed. I have discovered that most of these old apps have come from shortcuts I created to have a temporary references, and then deleted. I have deleted the majority of these apps individually, but they came back on the next startup. I use avg tuneup to keep my computer clean, and now I regularly clean the browser. It works fine except for Hosted App Data. Can someone help to clean Hosted App Data, beyond browser cleaning.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14318 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Dec 4, 2019 at 09:25 AM
Hi,

Try the following:

Open the Chrome settings and scroll down to the Advanced category. Next, in Privacy and security, click on Clear browsing data.

In Time range, choose the All time option and check the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files and Hosted app data boxes.

Then click on Clear data and restart the browser.
Woody_3336 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 4, 2019 Status Member Last seen December 4, 2019 1
Dec 4, 2019 at 11:01 AM
Thank you for your attempt to help me. With the exception of going through privacy and security, the work flow is the same as I tried to describe in my pleading. I am afraid my attempt to follow your suggestion failed. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
HelpiOS Posts 14318 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Dec 10, 2019 at 09:38 AM
Thank you for the feedback. When you restarted the computer, did the apps come back? If yes, go to chrome://apps and delete all apps that appear by right-clicking. It seems that the app data comes from the apps located on that link.

Regarding your second message, I think you're referring to a screenshot. If this is the case, here is how to do that.