Can't connect to IP address on my cell phone

Closed
eniarrol - Apr 4, 2020 at 05:19 PM
 eniarrol - Apr 12, 2020 at 02:43 PM
Hi I have a N10 cell phone, can't connect to IP address, can't get internet and data was used up.
I am stuck, we are in lock down so can't get to a Vodafone shop so they can help.

3 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14336 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 19, 2024 1,885
Apr 4, 2020 at 05:44 PM
Hi,

Try using the WiFi network after performing each of these steps:
  • Restart your phone.
  • Turn Airplane mode on for a few minutes, then turn it off.
  • Forget the WiFi network and try to connect again.
  • Restart your router.
  • Clear Google Play Services cache: Open Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Clear Cache.
  • Change your phone's name: Go to Settings > About device > Device name.

Good luck.
Hi Thank you for your reply, unfortunately nothing has helped, so my phone is still not working.
HelpiOS Posts 14336 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 19, 2024 1,885
Apr 8, 2020 at 07:13 PM
Try assigning a static IP address to your device. This is a temporary solution as if you want to change your network or undo the static IP, you'll have to switch back to DHCP manually.

In your phone's connection settings, tap and hold the connected WiFi network and select Manage Network Settings > Show Advanced Options.

Under IP settings, change DHCP to Static. Next, in the IP address field, change the last digit of your IP address to any number between 1 to 255. You should know the IP address of your router.

Then save the changes and try to connect to your WiFi network.

If the static IP address doesn't work, switch back to DHCP and see if you're able to connect to your network.
Hi I coudn't do any of those things that are mentioned as I don't have those options. I can't get into IP settings, don't have advanced options. I don't know how to get into DHCP to be able to change it. I think I will take it back after lock down and ask for another phone as I think this has some issues I can't deal with. I have found the receipt and was brought in October last year so it should be in warranty still. Thanks for your help
HelpiOS Posts 14336 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 19, 2024 1,885 > eniarrol
Apr 12, 2020 at 11:10 AM
Forget the WiFi network again, and when you try to connect, see if there are advanced options that offer the "IP settings" option. If this is the case, follow the instructions above.

If this is not the case, try resetting your network settings. Open Settings and navigate to System > Reset options > Reset WiFi, mobile and Bluetooth settings. (Options may vary depending on your phone's model).
Hi, tried what wrote but didn't work. Thanks anyway