Why am I now being asked to verify my account every day?

Sullivan - Aug 26, 2023 at 07:57 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14269 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen March 27, 2024 - Sep 12, 2023 at 01:46 PM

Hello, for the last 5 days, whenever I log into any of my 3 Yahoo accounts, I encounter this obstacle...

We've noticed some unusual account activity. For your safety, choose a method below to verify that it's really you signing in to this account.

Eventually, I can log in using a code sent to my recovery email. Why is this happening every time now? I haven't changed my internet habits, but I don't have a recovery phone number linked to my account (because I don't want to link one), and I do log in from different computers. 

Thanks for your help!

Windows / Chrome 116.0.0.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14269 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen March 27, 2024 1,891
Sep 12, 2023 at 01:46 PM

Hi,

That seems suspicious... First, please check your computers for viruses and other malicious programs by downloading Malwarebytes.

Once done, restart your router. This can help to fix some network connectivity problems that may trigger the security check from Yahoo.

Then, change your password to secure your account and make sure your recovery methods are up to date. Linking a phone number is also a good thing to do to avoid losing account access in case the recovery email doesn't work.

Good luck