Removable disk

Closed
rprabhu80 Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 4, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2008 - Aug 5, 2008 at 04:12 AM
 ayesha - Jun 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Hello,

I insert new 160gb sata hard disk. windows xp and mother board cd also install. but show in system tray in removable disk icon. how to configure ?
Related:

5 responses

usb is detecting but not showing the removable icon in my computer plz help me AND ALSO IT IS NOT SHOWING IN THE DISK MANAGEMENT ALSO . THE HARD DISK IS CREATED MY WESTERN DIGITAL 160 GB PLZ HELP ME .
when im going to disk management i do not see external hard drive, is this a virus or?
vinnydman Posts 8 Registration date Thursday May 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 5
Aug 5, 2008 at 08:53 AM
hello,

this is normal with windows xp and nothing to worry about you cannot change that. win xp recognises sata hard disk as removable disk so dont worry about it and continue using it normally.

take care
If you have memory card installed on your computer, then that's why you see all those Removable Disks appear on your computer. you can disable them by going to Diskmanagement and removing the driver letter but, then
the memory card that you have on your computer wont work.
Fab
i cant find my removable disk on my computer plzzzzzzzzz help me i need it for my home work

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
All you need to do is upgrade to Window XP service pack 2. Service pack 1 will not see any drive bigger that 120 GIG. You should be fine after that