Ask a question Report

Sony Walkman Content Transfer Problem [Solved]

Ladydog - Latest answer on Sep 7, 2010 08:54AM
Hello,
Content Transfer feature of my Sony Walkman is not recognising my Walkman when it is connected although i can access my Walkman and transfer files to it via other means, i would still like 'Content Transfer' to be working so i can download files from BBC i player etc....anybody help ?
OS..Windows XP Pro
Windows Media Player 11
Read more 
Answer
+161
moins plus
My Hardware does not show USB mass storage device.
I am not able to download anything to my Sony walkman (the wearable one)
PLEASE HELP.
It detects the device and shows its content.
But i am not able to copy anything from or to it.
BigE- Dec 1, 2009 01:10AM
WOW dude i really appreciated your help. I was tripping looking for a solution and thanks to you it worked! was kinda confusing near the wizard installing part though
javed- Feb 3, 2010 11:39PM
hi this is javed here, i hve oroblem that i format ma pc after formating i plug my sony audio player nwz-b142-bce in pc it is not accessing ma devices on right hand side corner the icon shows but wen i open my computer it doesnt shw the icon y it happen ?
angel- Apr 19, 2010 09:24AM
i did not understand till now plzz tell me dude
lalala- Jun 17, 2010 03:44AM
my walkman start and stop after 4 sec
Add comment
Answer
+45
moins plus
Thank you ever so much! It DID work!!! You're the man!!
Add comment
Answer
+23
moins plus
I am having the same problem also with mine.I did not recieve a cd with the player though there was just a folder in my walkman file that had teh setup so you clicked it and it installed it.How can I get the content transfer to recognize the player without having a cd?
omg- Apr 7, 2010 01:54PM
i tried ladydog's advice but ran into another problem
fine until when the OS actually starts trying to install MTP driver
it comes with a error saying, "File name, directory name, or volume label different" so i can't install it as MTP
WTF
Cautiverio- Apr 13, 2010 09:23PM
It worked !! Thanks a lot.
:D- Apr 24, 2010 06:30PM
omg this really worked!
tysfm! <3
:DDD- Jun 17, 2010 02:51PM
OMG! i spent 20 minutes with sony chatting - they had no clue. your advice solved the issue...big thanks!
bumbafawt- Jun 30, 2010 08:08PM
YO BIG RESPECT TO LADYDOG (WOOF WOOF) DAWG POUND
Add comment
Answer
+8
moins plus
Ok, I tried what "Ladydog" said. At the end it said: This device cannot start. (Code 10).
For any further info I am using the "Walkman NWZ-S544" on Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1.
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
im having a strange problem
after i installed activesync for my phone the sony software doesnt see my walkman anymore
it pops up the window asking what to do "MTP Media player Windows can perform the same action each time you connect this device (Open device to view files Synchronize media filesto this device Take no action "

i have uninstalled activesync but it still doenst bring up the Content Transfer program
and even if i run the Content Transfer it doesnt see the walkman.

any ideas?
poorman91- Feb 24, 2010 07:39PM
flashed the firmware on the walkman
fixed my problem
omg- Apr 7, 2010 01:56PM
how do you flash it when sony doesn't provide us with any firmware files?!?!?!
Jacky- Jun 3, 2010 09:57PM
where did you find the files? I accidently deleted the firmware files too on my mac -__-
me- Jul 7, 2010 03:04PM
i get get my fm radio to play on my sony walkman
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
Ok, I tried it again, it said it worked. But the big ! (exclamation mark) is still there. Any more solutions?
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
Every time it says : Installing Driver Software it just makes the big ! mark come again.
Even if it does "succeed".
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
Through Window's Media Player I have been able to sync my files and/or choose what files I want on my player. I have only had music and .mov files for my purposes, but photos and whatever can go on as well. Just download this player for free from the Microsoft website if you don't have it.
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
Dear Sir,

If you had obtained any CD installation with it,

please reinstall it.

This should fix your problem.

Thanks in advance.
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
thx bro .
even my problem got fixed
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
the way is to connect the walkman to the computer and click file to go to proeties
then highlight the walkmans name and click ok look on the right hand side there should be a list of options click the third option and press save then refresh the page and try out the song or songs you want to put on there

after that connect the complaint software aka the usb cord and cick sync media files or somehting like that

it should work after that
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
please help me to put it on
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Add comment
This document entitled « Sony Walkman Content Transfer Problem » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.